Devault, PA /
Operations – Engineering /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Beyond Meat is focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and employee experience. The Engineering Team is a matrix organization within Beyond Meat that is dedicated to creating food products that are leading the gold standard in plant-based proteins. They are looking for an outstanding individual to join the team located in Devault, PA as a Project Engineer.
The Project Engineer will provide full guidance, oversight, and execution of new construction. This role will be responsible for managing CAPEX Projects from concept through handoff. Working with OEM’s, design firms, and construction experts will be a core responsibility of this role to deliver projects. This role has potential to stay in the engineering organization with continued projects or to move cross-functionally to a facility in a different role.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage design and construction firms to deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Accountability for management of external technical relationships with contractors and equipment vendors
- Provide technical guidance and knowledge with NFPA, NEC, EPA, OSHA, FDA, etc. requirements in projects
- Develop strong project scope, budget, justification, and financial impact for approval by internal and external leaders
- Interact and receive deliverables from Process Engineers supplying process equipment to the new site
- Capable of building a robust project schedule throughout the project life cycle
- Deliver project from concept through final handover at the selected facility
- Foster and develop necessary training of all personnel required for new equipment or procedures
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, or Agricultural Engineering with food focus)
- 3-5 years of Project Engineering experience required (FMCG experience preferred)
- Technical experience in project management, systems or process engineering, facilities management, or technical discipline engineering
- Strong track record of engineering aptitude, ability to apply engineering principles, and problem solving
- Experience with TPM (EEM), WCM (EEM), Lean, and/or PMI Methodologies
- CAD experience is preferred
- Experience with Drafting Mechanical Software is a plus
- PMP Management certificate is preferred
- Willing and capable to travel domestically and internationally to support business needs
- Role will have capability to manage direct or indirect Construction Supervisor(s) and Construction Safety Supervisor(s)
- Expectation is to integrate into factory team to support company’s initiatives
- Experience with CAP-X Budget Management
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, must be able to lift minimal 50 lbs. consistently, reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Position located in a mix of production and office environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, and warehouses.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.
$105,000 - $120,000 a year
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $105,000 and $120,000. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.