General Maintenance - Holiday Inn Dulles - Starting at $20/hour - $600 Stay on Bonus
Sterling, Virginia /
Holiday Inn Washington Dulles Airport – Engineering /
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
This position is responsible for providing assistance in engineering operations; including maintenance, repair of hotel property, outside grounds, hotel equipment, preventative maintenance and asset protection. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group’s high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Engineering: Learns and demonstrates the ability to maintain property assets. Works with the Chief Engineer to understand preventive maintenance, equipment repairs, routine inspections and capital expenditures. Learns the impact of maintaining company assets and how it impacts the overall financial success of the hotel property.
- Guest service: Assists and responds to guests requests in a friendly and positive manner, while providing the highest level of service. Ability to assist guests by having knowledge of hotel property, guest room repairs and common area maintenance. Personally sets a strong example for other associate through exceptional guest service.
- Identifies concerns and provides maintenance solutions: Assesses and evaluates property assets through preventative maintenance. Works with appropriate managers in a respectful and courageous manner to recommend maintenance service solutions.
- Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group’s standard operating procedures: Works with the Chief Engineer to learn, understand and execute on all engineering SOP’s.
- Works collaboratively with all others: Works as a team player in meeting guest needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary. Completes all assigned duties inside or outside the normal scope of responsibilities within the engineering department.
- Works safely: Maintains a clean and safe work area in compliance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Uses personal protective equipment when needed. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
- Self Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties as presented by the Chief Engineer. Adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group attendance policy, general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required. CPO, and appliance repair certification is desired, or the ability to obtain certification based on property needs.
- 2+ years of maintenance experience is preferred. Attention to detail, customer focused and the ability to perform job duties in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 100 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled