Area Food & Beverage Director - Holiday Inn Dulles
Sterling, Virginia /
Holiday Inn Washington Dulles Airport – Food & Beverage /
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
Are you looking for a great place to work? As our new Area Food & Beverage Director, you will have complete responsibility for the product quality, service and profitability of the Food and Beverage Departments of the hotel. This position entails the diverse operational leadership of all hotel outlets, room service and catering operations. Our candidate must be a strategic and forward leaning leader with the demonstrated ability to plan, organize, communicate and execute operational directives for food and beverage operations.
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group invites you to take your career to the next level! As a leading Owner and Management Company in the Hospitality Industry, our commitment to our team is in our “One Team!” values. Our integrated approach in obtaining top talent ensures key players who are committed to their professional and personal development represent our hotels, have a sound understanding of the industry, and possess significant attributes to enhance our culture. Joining our team says you are committed to guest satisfaction and promise to uphold the highest level of integrity.
- Effective Operations of the Food and Beverage Department: Leads the food & beverage staff to ensure the department operates efficiently and business goals are achieved. Attends appropriate meetings and communicates effectively with all responsible staff to ensure guest and team member needs are met.
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring food and beverage service standards are met and guest needs are responded to in a timely manner. Resolves guest complaints in courteous and friendly manner, focusing on service recovery when applicable. Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards.
- People Management and Development: Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, and development of all team members. Evaluates staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members. Responsible for training all team members and ensuring training records are maintained. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Utilizes available resources and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group training policies. Ensures all company, brand, and department specific training requirements are met.
- Financial Expectations: Accountable for achieving business revenue goals by developing and implementing service programs. Responsible for building and maintaining client relationships to drive repeat business/customer referrals. Uses expertise to develop and implement changes to food and beverage operations based on sales and guest comments. Responsible for management of expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Responsible for effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs and the departmental budget. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines.
- Safety/Risk Management: Conduct routine inspections of food and beverage operations to maintain quality food, beverage and kitchen/restaurant standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group’s procedures for guest/team member incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
- REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience required. Serve Safe, TIPS or CARE beverage service certification or the ability to obtain certification is required.
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 3+ years of progressive food and beverage experience required, with a minimum of one year supervisory/management experience. Must have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Ability to lift, transport, and connect a keg weighing up to 150 pounds an occasional basis with assistance. Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the extended shift.
- PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer 2+ years of supervisory/management experience in a hotel setting of similar brand or distinction. Prefer experience with venue of similar size, volume, and reputation for focus on guest satisfaction. Basic knowledge of culinary operation, restaurant, banquet and beverage service. Familiar with all aspects of tableside service.
- Well-Being Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Vacation Policy
- Long Term Planning:
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Programs:
- Our Big 3 Mission Statement Leaders of the Month/Year
- Annual Performance Appraisals and Wage Increase Opportunities
- Annual Team Member Banquets
- Annual Team Member Engagement Survey
- Discounted Room Rates for Team Members, Family and Friends
- Complimentary Room Stays
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled