Area Director of Sales - Crystal City
Arlington, Virginia /
Crowne Plaza Crystal City - Washington, D.C. – Sales /
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
This position is responsible for the overall sales and marketing efforts of the area hotels. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Effective management of assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive team member relations.
- Sales: Develops, implements, and maintains a comprehensive business plan that defines hotel sales objectives and supports financial goals. Accountable for aggressively pursuing business revenue goals and achieving established Personal Performance Expectations for self and team. Responsible for soliciting transient, group, and extended stay group demand generators to capitalize on revenue opportunities. Proactively positions and markets the hotel by effective revenue/yield management to achieve maximum hotel profit. Uses expertise to advise and implement changes to sales and marketing efforts based on sales and guest comments.
- Cost Control: Responsible for management of sales, marketing and catering expenses to maximize hotel profitability, and increase return on investment. Responsible for effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Responsible for preparation and management of the department budget. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
- People Management: Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, discipline and development of sales employees. Evaluates staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold sales and catering employees accountable. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing employees.
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by developing and maintaining long-term, value-based client relationships. Ensures effective communication of client needs from sales to appropriate operational departments. Resolves complaints and concerns in courteous and friendly manner, focuses on service recovery when applicable. Works side by side with sales and catering staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards.
- Technical Acumen: Responsible for utilizing sales and catering tools/systems to accurately identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data. Ensures integrity of sales data by documenting information in Delphi on a daily basis. Utilizes sales tools, and other market intelligence, i.e. Holeligence ® and STR® to drive business.
- Training: Responsible for ongoing training of all sales and catering employees and ensuring training records are maintained. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Utilizes available resources and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group training policies. Ensures all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, and department specific training requirements are met.
- Safety/Risk Management: Ensures a clean and safe work environment to maintain standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/employee incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs.Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience preferred. Professional membership and community involvement desired. Basic Microsoft Office and Delphi experience also desired.
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 3+ years of sales experience required, with a minimum of 1 year managing direct reports preferred. Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with employees and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled