Tysons Social Tavern PM Server- DoubleTree by Hilton Mclean Tysons
McLean, Virginia /
Double Tree by Hilton McLean Tyson – Food & Beverage /
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
At the DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons, we are always looking for talented individuals with a passion for hospitality to join our dedicated team! Our culture reflects our greatest asset: our team members. We are proud to cultivate a culture of unlimited career opportunities, job enrichment, and a supportive working environment. We also offer benefits that help our team members thrive both personally and professionally such as premium healthcare insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, hotel discounts, education reimbursement, and many more! We invite you to build your career with us. A bright and exciting future awaits you! We are currently hiring for a Restaurant Server who can work PM shifts. The Restaurant Server will work in our outlet, Tysons Social Tavern. This position is responsible for preparing and serving food and beverages to guests in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Adheres to all health regulations and local liquor laws. Ensures exceptional guest service and creates an inviting atmosphere. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group and brand standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Guest Service: Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly, positive and timely manner. Provides the highest quality service and establishes appropriate rapport with all guests. Understands and follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group guest service recovery program, and suggests ideas and responds to feedback to maximize guest satisfaction scores.
- Serving Duties: Listens attentively, takes orders accurately, and uses proper serving techniques. Knowledgeable about specials and promotions and actively up-sells menu items to maximize revenue potential. Adheres to all health regulations and local liquor laws. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group cash handling/POS procedures.
- Side Work: Completes all required side work including but not limited to: cleaning restaurant, server stations, coffee stations, and coolers; vacuuming, trash removal, and stocking of supplies.
- Helps control expenses: Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures when handling cash and processing financial transactions. Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
- Works Safely: Dispenses/serves food and beverages and maintains a clean and safe work area in accordance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, local, state, and federal regulations. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
- Self/Workload Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group attendance policy, grooming/appearance standards, general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
- Works collaboratively with all others: Takes room service orders, assists bartender, and works as a team player to ensure all guest needs are met. Works as a team player in meeting guest needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary. Completes all assigned duties within or outside the normal scope of responsibilities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
- TIPS or CARE beverage service certification desired, or the ability to obtain certification is required.
- Must have one or more years of previous guest service experience.
- Must have demonstrated exemplary customer service, attention to detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, and write English in order to meet guest’s needs.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift.
- Requires ability to complete physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting continuously throughout the shift.
- Prefer one or more years of previous serving experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
- EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
Bar will be open- from 4pm- 12am. Shifts varies out depending on business.
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled