Guest Service & Sales Representative / Night Audit - Best Western - starting at $17/hour
Sterling, Virginia /
Best Western Dulles – Front Office /
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
This position is responsible for anticipating guest needs, exceeding expectations and implementing creative solutions to provide exceptional service. This position is responsible for processing check-ins/outs, and assisting guests with reservations and requests in a friendly, professional and timely manner, while following B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Guest Service: Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly and positive manner. Responsible for providing the highest level of service. Process check-ins and check-outs, verify billing, create reservations, and process special requests. Assists guests by having knowledge of hotel property, local attractions, and hours of operation of hotel outlets and services. Works as a team player in meeting guests needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary. Understands and follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group guest service recovery program.
- Financial Results and Cost Control: Follows proper selling techniques and ensures strategies are utilized to maximize room revenues. Monitors room availability, follows restrictions, and all booking policies and procedures. Drives sales and maximizes revenue by up-selling rooms and amenities. B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures when handling cash and processing financial transactions. Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
- Self/Workload Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
- Safety/Risk Management: Maintains a clean and safe work area in compliance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1+ years prior guest service experience required preferably in a hospitality setting. Excellent verbal communication skills needed. Attention to detail, customer focused and the ability to perform job duties in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled