Area Group and Events Specialist - Holiday Inn Dulles
Sterling, Virginia /
Holiday Inn Washington Dulles Airport – Sales /
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
This position is responsible for supporting the hotel’s rooms and catering sales efforts. This position requires support of the direct sales effort and the ability to support the selling of our products and services to a wide range of market segments. This position is also requires direct customer contact and detailing of the bookings after the contract is signed.
- Turnover: Upon turnover, send email to client with introduction and booking link if applicable as well as date you will be contacting them to start detailing.
- Review File to understand cut off dates, and details of program, if any questions reach out to the Sales/Catering Manager to address. BEO’S/Catering:
- Detail BEO’s for all upcoming meetings / events (except single time social) as needed
- Attain Guarantees and final payment as needed
- Complete all diagrams as needed Rooms/ GROUP RESUME:
- Monitor cutoff dates
- Enter rooming lists once received (designated hotels)
- Send updated confirmation numbers to the client once received (designated hotels)
- Group Resume
- Full Service & Select Service
- Complete Group Resume with all details pertinent to the incoming group, reviewed by the DOS then distributed to operations team
- Enter Group/Wholesalers/3rd party/LNR/Comp reservations as needed (designated hotels) Billing
- Tour and Travel Groups
- Sent charges based on rooming lists and catering to accounting prior to arrival for advance billing Admin
- Phone Coverage
- Distribute phone leads to appropriate manager
- Banquet Check Distribution (for the time being while F&B remains without Delphi access)
- IHG/Hilton/Marriott Rewards for groups
- Entering Group Pick up
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- DELPHI, Meeting Matrix experience preferred.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of progressive conference center experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members and guests.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift.
- Ability to lift, transport, and connect a keg weighing up to 150 pounds an occasional basis with assistance.
- Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the extended shift.
- Prefer experience with venue of similar size, volume, and reputation for focus on guest satisfaction. Basic knowledge of culinary operation, restaurant, conference center and beverage service. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled