Area Catering Sales Manager for Crowne Plaza Crystal City and Holiday Inn National Airport
Arlington, Virginia /
B.F. Saul Company Hospitality Group – Catering Sales /
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
Are you looking for a great place to work? As our new Area Catering Sales Manager for Crowne Plaza Crystal City and Holiday Inn National Airport hotels, you will be responsible for selling the total hotel with emphasis on all public areas in support of the hotels rooms and catering merchandising efforts. Focus on championing customer and owner objectives in support of Our Quality Pledge and Standards of Service, the hotel's and the company's Mission Statement is of paramount importance. This position requires active participation in the direct sales effort and is responsible for activities and procedure. This is a position requiring direct customer focus and ability to sell our products and services to a wide range of market segments. This position is also responsible for generating new business and maintaining existing client/corporate accounts.
Hybrid schedule will be available 2 days a week after your first 60 days of employment.
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group invites you to take your career to the next level! As a leading Owner and Management Company in the Hospitality Industry, our commitment to our team is in our “One Team!” values. Our integrated approach in obtaining top talent ensures key players who are committed to their professional and personal development represent our hotels, have a sound understanding of the industry, and possess significant attributes to enhance our culture. Joining our team says you are committed to guest satisfaction and promise to uphold the highest level of integrity.
- Sales/Revenue Maximization: Responsible for achieving catering revenue goals through food, beverage, room rental and audio visual sales goals by business development, account management and hotel site sales calls. Also responsible for maximizing space potential and maximizing food and beverage minimums. Consistently pursues up-selling opportunities to maximize revenue potential. Achieves business revenue goals by developing, building and maintaining excellent client relationships through community involvement, local visitors’ bureau, bridal organizations, charity events and cultivating client database. Uses expertise to advise and implement changes to catering operations based on sales and client comments.
- Cost Control: Support the management of catering expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Assists with the preparation and management of the department budget. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
- Guest Service: Support client satisfaction by ensuring catering service standards are met and clients’ needs are responded to in a timely manner. Ensures effective communication of client needs from catering to appropriate operational departments. Resolves clients’ complaints and concerns in courteous and friendly manner, focuses on service recovery when applicable.
- Technical Acumen: Responsible for utilizing sales and catering tools/systems to accurately identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data. Ensures integrity of sales data by documenting information in Delphi on a daily basis. Utilizes sales tools, and other market intelligence.
- Safety/Risk Management: Support catering operations to maintain standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/employee incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication and proactive planning. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience preferred. Professional membership and community involvement desired. Basic Microsoft office and Delphi experience also desired.
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prior hotel catering sales experience desired. Heavy emphasis in sales with knowledge of food and beverage operations is desired. Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with employees and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Well-Being Benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Long Term Planning:
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Programs:
- Our Big 3 Mission Statement Leaders of the Month/Year
- Annual Performance Appraisals and Wage Increase Opportunities
- Annual Team Member Banquets
- Annual Team Member Engagement Survey
- Discounted Room Rates for Team Members, Family and Friends
- Complimentary Room Stays
- Weekly Payroll
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled