Turndown Attendant - The Hay - Adams
Washington, D.C. /
The Hay-Adams – Housekeeping /
Steeped in rich history and surrounded by the most iconic institutions of our nation, The Hay-Adams is the downtown Washington, D.C. hotel for discerning guests. Enveloped by views of the White House, St. John’s Church, and the scenic Lafayette Park, the 5-star accommodations at The Hay-Adams are the embodiment of refined residence. Marked by Washington, D.C.’s most accommodating amenities and dedicated services, The Hay-Adams is the boutique hotel of choice for the modern luxury traveler. The Hay-Adams offers an exceptional guest experience that goes beyond a good night’s sleep.
Turndown Service is provided for every occupied guest room, or room that is expected to be occupied. At turndown time all guest rooms and suites are “pick –up “and made ready for the night; they are tidy, clean and inviting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. The Hay Adams Handbook, the Departmental Operating Manual and our policies and procedures are part of this Job Description.
2. Standard brief meeting at 5:30pm daily with the Office Coordinator and Housekeeping Managers
3. Sign for keys and pagers at the beginning of shift and return them at the end of the shift
4. Complete all assigned turndown rooms within the standard time frame.
5. To clean and re-stock all assigned guest rooms according to hotel standards.
6. Set up turndown amenities according to Turndown requirements
7. Bath room refreshed. Used towels pick up and replaced with clean one
8. Remove dirty /used glasses and replace with clean glasses.
9. Used robes should be placed on a wood hanger (occupied rooms only) and hung on the back of the bath room door. If the used robe is not acceptable, replace with a clean one
10. Rearrange exposed toiletry / cosmetic items and neatly displayed on a fresh washcloth or an extra glasses near the sink on the vanity...
11. Room sprayed lightly with an odorless deodorizer.
12. Call Office Coordinator with removal of Room Service tray and tables.
13. Ensure that each Turndown Attendant is trained and “Turndown Service” is provided with consistency.
14. Keep Turndown cart well supplied with necessary items, and neatly displayed
15. Report maintenance problems to Engineering via the Office Coordinator
16. Maintain positive relationships with guests and employees
17. keeps all work areas , assigned supply closet clean and organized at all times
18. Report equipment problems to Office Coordinator.
19. Return all unused amenities to Housekeeping Office at the end of shift.
20. Follow OSHA and hotel guideline for the safe handling of all housekeeping chemicals and equipment.
21. Respond to guest requests as needed and according to hotel policy. Communicate any special requests to the Executive and Assistant Executive housekeeper
22. Follow the practice of all fire safety standards and procedures for the Hotel and the Housekeeping department.
23. Return Lost and Found items to Security Department
24. Perform any reasonable duties as required and directed
25. Reports all suspicious people, activities or hazardous conditions, etc. to the Security Department.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: A high school education or its equivalent preferred.
Experience: Previous Housekeeping experience preferred. Room Attendant makes an excellent Turndown Attendant.
Basic Expectations: Turndown Attendant must be able to multitasking. Well organized, able to concentrate and perform under stress.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Language Skills: must be able to understand, speak, read and write Basic English. Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions. Be able to effectively present information to customers, clients and other employees within the organization
Mathematical Skills: must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to apply common sense to carry out simple written or verbal instructions. Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
Physical Ability: To complete the duties of the job, the employee will be required to reach with hands and arms and often stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. There will be frequent walking and standing involved. The person will be required to lift or move weights ranging from 10 – 30 pounds.
Standards of Conduct:
The high ethical standards of The Hay-Adams must be upheld by all members of the company. The policies relative to press relations, equal opportunity, discrimination, sexual harassment, vendor relations, etc., stated in the employee handbook and manuals are inviolable. We pride ourselves on providing a professional caring atmosphere for clients and all fellow employees and will achieve this goal through responsible actions.
The Hay-Adams is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled