Starbucks Barista - Part-Time
Arlington, Virginia /
Crowne Plaza Crystal City - Washington, D.C. – Food & Beverage /
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
This position is responsible for preparing and serving food and beverages to Starbucks guests in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Adheres to all health regulations and laws. Ensures exceptional guest service and creates an inviting atmosphere. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group and brand standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
B. F. SAUL COMPANY HOSPITALITY GROUP’S CORE VALUES
Our Big 3 highlights the most important standards that we strive to achieve.
1. Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
2. A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
3. Guests and team members receive all that they expect . . . plus a little bit more.
Each team member is empowered to satisfy guests, ensuring their willingness to return.
As a team member, your support of Our Big 3 and the “10 Steps of Living Our Big 3” is critical to your own success as well as that of the Hotel.
10 STEPS TO LIVING OUR BIG 3
Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
1. Know our hotel
2. Present a polished image
3. Smile and practice the 10-5 rule
4. Cleanliness is everyone’s job
A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
5. Details make the difference
6. Safety is no accident
Guests and team members receive all that they expect . . .
7. Consistently provide service excellence
8. Follow up and follow through
9. Find a way to say “yes”
. . . Plus a little bit more
10. Create a “wow”
Handles pressure well
Attention to detail
Required Skills and Experience
- REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must have one or more years of previous guest service experience. Must have demonstrated exemplary customer service, attention to detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast paced environment. Must have the ability to speak, understand, and write English in order to meet guest’s needs.
- Physical: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Requires ability to complete physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting continuously throughout the shift.
- PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer one or more years of previous serving experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1. Guest Service: Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly, positive and timely manner. Provides the highest quality service and establishes appropriate rapport with all guests. Understands and follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group and franchise guest service recovery program, and suggests ideas and responds to feedback to maximize guest satisfaction scores.
- 2. Serving Duties: Listens attentively, takes orders accurately, and uses proper serving techniques. Knowledgeable about specials and promotions and actively up-sells menu items to maximize revenue potential. Adheres to all health regulations and laws. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group cash handling/POS procedures.
- 3. Side Work: Completes all required side work including but not limited to: cleaning restaurant, server stations, coffee stations, and coolers; vacuuming, trash removal, and stocking of supplies.
- 4. Helps control expenses: Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures when handling cash and processing financial transactions. Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
- 5. Works Safely: Dispenses/serves food and beverages and maintains a clean and safe work area in accordance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, local, state, and federal regulations. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
- 6. Self/Workload Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group attendance policy, grooming/appearance standards, general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
- 7. Works collaboratively with all others: Takes service orders, assists staff, and works as a team player to ensure all guest needs are met. Works as a team player in meeting guest needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary. Completes all assigned duties within or outside the normal scope of responsibilities.
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled