PM Banquet Houseperson- Holiday Inn Dulles - Starting at 16.50/hour - $600 Stay on Bonus
Sterling, Virginia /
Holiday Inn Washington Dulles Airport – Food & Beverage /
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
This position is responsible for assisting banquet staff in setting, clearing and resetting tables in an efficient and courteous manner, Adheres to all health regulations, stocks necessary supplies, and performs basic cleaning duties. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group’s high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Guest Service: Greets all guests in a courteous and friendly manner. Anticipates and responds to guests needs in a positive and timely manner while providing the highest level of service to the guest. Assists other team members as necessary to meet guest needs. Understands and follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group guest service recovery program.
- Bussing/Cleaning: Responsible for setting, clearing and resetting tables, service items, food and beverage, staging/flooring/display items, disposal of garbage, cleaning floors, picking up dishes and glass wear, and re-stocking as necessary. Transfers full tubs to the dish room, and assists other food and beverage staff as needed.
- Safety/Risk Management: Maintains a clean and safe work area, and handles all beverage/food in compliance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Assist in maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of the banquet, restaurant, kitchen, and dish room. Follow all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
- Self Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group grooming and appearance standards, and general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group attendance policy.
- Miscellaneous/Other Duties: Completes all required side work, and takes initiative to jump in to assist servers, dishwashers, or other restaurant staff as needed. Works as a team player and actively contributes to the success of the guest’s experience.
- Expense Control: Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures when handling cash and processing financial transactions. Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
- Education: High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be customer focused, pay attention to details, and work well with others. Must be able to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast paced environment.
- Physical: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Requires ability to complete physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting continuously throughout the shift.
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer one year prior bussing experience in a fast paced environment.
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled