Room Attendant - Housekeeping - The Hay-Adams
Washington, D.C. /
The Hay-Adams – Housekeeping /
Steeped in rich history and surrounded by the most iconic institutions of our nation, The Hay-Adams is the downtown Washington, D.C. hotel for discerning guests. Enveloped by views of the White House, St. John’s Church, and the scenic Lafayette Park, the 5-star accommodations at The Hay-Adams are the embodiment of refined residence. Marked by Washington, D.C.’s most accommodating amenities and dedicated services, The Hay-Adams is the boutique hotel of choice for the modern luxury traveler. The Hay-Adams offers an exceptional guest experience that goes beyond a good night’s sleep.
The Housekeeper is responsible for the cleanliness of the guestrooms, daily and nightly, according to The Hay Adams Standards Of Excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. The Hay Adams Handbook, the Departmental Operating Manual and our policies and procedures are part of this Job Description.
2. Make guestroom beds.
3. Clean and dust guestrooms and bathrooms.
4. Do special room cleaning projects when required.
5. Set up guest room amenities.
6. Provide PM turndown service when scheduled, to include the cleaning of remaining unmade AM rooms as per established standard.
7. Report any maintenance needs to the Housekeeping Office.
8. Reports special cleaning needs to the Office Coordinator (e.g. Carpets, Chandeliers).
9. Account for linen inventories.
10. Ensure the comfort of all guests.
11. Turn in all Lost and Found items to the Housekeeping Department.
12. Deliver items to guest rooms upon request.
13. Remain current with hotel information.
14. Maintain and clean storage closets and caddies.
15. Perform Lobby Attendant or Linen Room Attendant duties if needed.
16. Report any suspicious persons, activities or hazardous conditions to the Security department and/or Housekeeping Manager.
17. Perform any reasonable duties as required and directed.
18. Should be able to work any day including holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience
A high school education or its equivalent preferred. Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Must be able to understand, speak, read and write basic English. Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions. Be able to effectively present information to customers, clients and other employees within the organization.
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Must be able to apply common sense to carry out simple written or verbal instructions. Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
To complete the duties of the job, the employee will be required to reach with hands and arms and often stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. There will be frequent walking and standing involved. The person will be required to lift or move weights ranging from 10 to 25 pounds.
The Hay-Adams is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled