PM Cook - Courtyard by Marriott Tysons McLean
McLean, Virginia /
Courtyard by Marriott Tysons McLean – Food & Beverage /
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
We are currently hiring for a Cook for our PM shift. This position is responsible for preparing and cooking food items in accordance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group /brand high quality standards. Provides support to other cooks and enforces compliance with health regulations. Helps ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive team member relations.
- Food Quality and Production: Accountable to ensure highest level of food quality and production to standards. Responsible for daily line checks, ongoing audits of consistency and quality, and follow up as necessary. Recognizes opportunities for improvement, and implements the necessary changes. Develops standard operating procedures to maximize quality. Ensures food preparation and delivery standards are met for banquet events and all outlets including restaurant, room service, concierge, and a la carte service.
- Presentation / Menu Changes: Ensures outstanding presentation through use records and photographs, and monitors that plate set ups meet the photo-record standards. Knowledge of menu changes, use records, and photographs.
- Cost Control: Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment, controlling food cost while maximizing food and beverage revenue. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring food and beverage standards are met. Identifies and addresses guest concerns in a timely and efficient manner. Works side by side with kitchen staff to model appropriate operational standards including adhering to ticket times while maintaining high food quality.
- Safety/Risk Management: Leads by example with food safety standards and food storage. Maintain quality food, beverage and kitchen/restaurant standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member’s incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College and/or culinary degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of progressive cook or kitchen experience required.
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift.
- Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the shift.
- Prefer 2 or more years as a cook in a restaurant or hotel of similar size and reputation for outstanding service. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled