Online System Programmer - UK
Middlesbrough, UK /
Behaviour Studios | Behaviour Studios – Programming | Programmation /
Permanent - full-time | Permanent Temps Plein
Since several work modes are offered to all our employees (100% from home, Flex, 100% in-office), job opportunities posted here are available for candidates across the UK, unless indicated otherwise.
Founded in 1992, Behaviour™ Interactive is a multi-faceted studio renowned for its creation and support of genre-defying video games. Behaviour has enjoyed immense success with its original horror-action multiplayer game, Dead by Daylight™, and holds developer credits on several of the gaming world’s most popular franchises. Behaviour has an unparalleled, award-winning culture that has been recognized with Deloitte Canada’s Enterprise Fast 15 and Best Managed Company awards and saw the studio recognized as a Best Place To Work by GamesIndustry.biz in 2022.
Headquartered in Montreal, Behaviour has more than 1,200 employees worldwide with studios in Toronto (Behaviour Toronto), Seattle (Midwinter Entertainment) and the UK (Behaviour UK–North).
Based in Middlesbrough, Behaviour UK–North (formerly SockMonkey Studios) works on co- and full-development projects across all platforms for Behaviour’s roster of blue-chip clients, which includes Microsoft, Sony, EA, Warner, 2K and many others. The studio was named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by GamesIndustry.biz in 2022. For more information, visit www.bhvr.com
Behaviour is looking for an Online System Programmer, who will bring their expertise and rigor to our team.
In this role you will:
- Implement a complete solution to interface between the game and the backend such as Inventory, achievements, and scoreboards;
- Support connectivity with many backend services (authentication, profile, transactions, etc.);
- Implement server and session management logic pertaining to matchmaking;
- Adapt the game flow to support various network topologies and platforms;
- Ensure robustness of the solution to be live and online all the time;
- Design and implement support for the necessary analytics;
- Implement various tools to support and debug the networking platforms.
What we're looking for:
- Expertise in C++ and/or C#;
- Expertise in working with restful services with high throughput;
- Expertise in AWS or similar cloud technology, a definite plus;
- Ability to produce efficient and scalable software designs;
- Expertise in game engines a plus;
- Knowledge in data pipelines;
- Expertise in shipping games;
- Ownership/leadership qualities;
- Good communication skills;
- Passion for games.