Midwinter - Senior Lighting Artist
Toronto | Toronto /
Midwinter – Art & Animation | Art & Animation /
Permanent - full-time | Permanent Temps Plein
Midwinter Entertainment was founded as an independent game developer in 2016. In 2022 we proudly became a Behaviour Interactive company and are now working on our next unannounced title. We believe in a culture of playfulness, fearlessness, and respect, and we aspire to create a thriving community that shares in our values, both around our games and in our workplace.
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Senior Lighting Artist to join our talented team, based in Kirkland. As part of a small team, your work will directly contribute to the success of our yet-to-be-announced project.
As an experienced Lighting Artist, you will have a significant impact on the visual quality of our game and gameplay experience.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate your vision with the art director using examples and set a visual target.
- Work on a technical spec sheet illustrating examples/comparisons of different lighting conditions that we might encounter in our game.
- Work with a graphics engineer to help set technical standards and production processes to guide the team and ensure that their work achieves the visual target while also meeting performance standards.
- Make suggestions for how the new solution can be achieved, explore the artists workflow, and educate and guide artists.
What we're looking for:
- Expert in architecture of complex procedural lighting system creation.
- Knowledge of the lighting system in Unreal Engine.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow directions.
- Creative, collaborative, autonomous, and flexible problem solver with an inclusive attitude.
- Understanding of performance and GPU rendering for creating optimized realtime content, lighting and materials.
- Experience with building workflows and tools through a full project production cycle (pre-production to shipping).
While we believe all the listed qualifications are important to the role, we’re keen to hear from anyone who believes they have valuable experience to bring. If you’re passionate and align with our team and mission, but don’t meet all the qualifications, please still apply!
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment is a Behaviour Interactive company.
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.