Midwinter - Senior VFX Artist
Toronto | Toronto /
Midwinter – Art & Animation | Art & Animation /
Permanent - full-time | Permanent Temps Plein
Midwinter Entertainment was founded as an independent game developer in 2016. In 2022 we proudly became a Behaviour Interactive company and are now working on our next unannounced title. We believe in a culture of playfulness, fearlessness, and respect, and we aspire to create a thriving community that shares in our values, both around our games and in our workplace.
Midwinter is looking for a full-time Senior Environment Artist to join our talented team, based in Kirkland. As part of a small team, your work will directly contribute to the success of our yet-to-be-announced project.
Can you create beautiful and performance visual effects for games? Do you have a technical mind and artistic views? Are you experienced in real-time graphics, lighting and shaders? Have you worked in Unreal Engine before?
As a Senior VFX Artist, you will create visual effects for the characters, dynamic atmosphere and ominous elements in the procedurally generated world. You will work with an experienced team with a lot of drive and energy. The ideal candidate is autonomous and resourceful, comes up with solutions with a keen eye for detail, and easily adapts to different styles and workflow.
In this role, you will:
- Produce a variety of benchmark-quality visual effects using UE4/5.
- Implement UX features in Unreal Engine
- Plan outsourcing assignments, review and approve incoming work from Outsource Partners for consistency and quality.
- Work closely with other teammates to create and continually improve VFX best practices across the game and studio.
- Optimize VFX content for game clarity, ease-of-production and performance.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience, specifically in Blueprint, Material Authoring and Dynamic Lighting.
- Visual effects skills and attention to detail as demonstrated in a portfolio reel.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Understanding of performance and GPU rendering for creating optimized realtime content, lighting and materials.
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
While we believe all the listed qualifications are important to the role, we’re keen to hear from anyone who believes they have valuable experience to bring. If you’re passionate and align with our team and mission, but don’t meet all the qualifications, please still apply!
JOIN US AND WE'LL KEEP WARM TOGETHER!
Midwinter Entertainment is a Behaviour Interactive company.
Midwinter Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.