Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. Our “digital therapeutics” - Daylight™, for worry & anxiety, and Sleepio™, for poor sleep - are fully automated cognitive and behavioral programs that are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs. Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to help people overcome their mental health challenges. Big Health’s products are backed by 50 published clinical papers including 13 randomised controlled trials (RCTs), and are cited in leading clinical guidelines including the American College of Physicians and NICE. Today, over 12 million people worldwide have reimbursed access to Big Health’s products, via leading employers in the US and the UK’s NHS.
You, a critical member of our engineering team (currently numbering around 20 engineers), will be developing key components of the next generation of digital therapeutics.
You will have the opportunity to influence technology decisions & architecture as we optimize our products & scale our digital therapy platform. This is an outstanding opportunity for a Software Engineer to work with a state of the art platform and make a positive impact in the lives of millions of people suffering from a mental health condition.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Design, build and maintain clean, reusable components of our Digital Medicine platform
- Design for scalability, observability and ease of maintenance
- Show ownership and ensure quality of your deliverables
- Act as a trusted advisor to our clinical and product team partners
- Participate in the documentation of technical designs and contribute to long term architecture and design
- Collaborate across teams to improve our engineering practices
- Mentor junior team members in best practices
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- An understanding of best practices in modern software development
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Tenacity, ingenuity, pragmatism and teamwork
It would be great if you had...
- Experience developing Microservices, Rest APIs, and working with AWS
- An interest in working across the stack and experience with Python
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with TypeScript, React Native, Jest, Java
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.