Director, Health Plan Sales (West)
Remote - US /
Sales & Business Development /
Big Health’s mission is to help millions back to good mental health. Our digital therapeutics for insomnia and anxiety deliver evidence-based, safe and effective non-drug alternatives. Our programs are reimbursed across over 10 million members and by some of the most prominent global healthcare organizations, including CVS Health and NHS Scotland.
Through robust clinical evaluation and an approach that is scalable and equitable, we are redesigning the future of mental health care affecting nearly half of adult Americans.
As a Director, Health Plan Sales you will be joining the Big Health Commercial Sales team and using your knowledge and leveraging relationships in healthcare payer space, which will be a critical growth driver for the company. In this role, you will be directly responsible for growing Big Health’s health plan partnerships. This role will be focused on the western half on the country.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, client-oriented individual with experience selling to health plans who are excited about the opportunity to partner with us and help make our mental health solutions available at scale.
What you'll do:
- Drive opportunities from initial conversation through close with large health plans
- Develop and nurture broker and consultant relationships in your territory
- Create and foster your pipeline of prospects to achieve high win rates
- Maintain weekly sales forecast and achieve quota quarterly
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with Sales, Marketing, Clinical, Legal teams to execute against a strategy that bolsters Big Health business including informing on market feedback and product development strategy iterations
- Be a subject matter expert on the payer space as well as Big Health solutions in the market
What you bring:
- 8+ years of full cycle closing experience selling to large health plans
- Strong relationships with benefits consultants and industry partners
- Proven success with consultative selling in the healthcare payer space, thorough understanding of benefit ecosystem
- Track record of success attaining or exceeding quotaHistory of exceptional forecasting discipline and demonstrated ability to build a 10x pipeline in territory
- Fluent in developing customized proposals, pricing strategy, contracting process, deal structure and contract negotiationInspiring communicator with strong relationship building, presentation, and group facilitation skills
- Self-motivated and dynamic thinker with the ability to flex, innovate, and solve problems creativelyComfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out.
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture.
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.