At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating what we call, “Digital Medicine”. Our programs are highly personalized, automated behavioral therapy programs backed by gold standard clinical evidence. In addition to being backed by 8 randomized controlled trials, our programs follow our core product philosophy of using “entertainment as medicine” as the way to engage individuals and in turn teach them the necessary cognitive and behavioral skills required to overcome their troubles, be it poor sleep or worry.
Building on the success of our flagship product Sleepio, this role will be a critical team member in developing the next generation of digital therapies. They will have the opportunity to influence technology decisions & architecture as we optimize the product & scale our digital therapy platform. This is an outstanding opportunity for an Engineering Manager to help build a platform, and lead a team, while making a significant difference in the lives of thousands of people suffering from insomnia.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Own the technical design and execution of a complete product
- Work closely with our product team to balance feature development and technical work
- Actively support your team with hands-on mentoring, regular 1:1’s, periodic reviews and long term professional development
- Contribute to the hiring plan and act as hiring manager for new roles on your team
- ⅓ time split between hands-on coding/design/debugging, team management/hiring and product/process/planning
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- 2+ years successfully leading an engineering team of 3 or more
- 5+ years hands-on Python or similar language experience
- Experience in a service-based system
- Startup experience
- Comfortable working with distributed teams
- Strong communication skills
- Fullstack and/or mobile development
- Infrastructure as code on AWS
- Experience working with sensitive data (e.g. financial, health)
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input, even if you’re not the loudest voice in the room
- A clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More about Big Health:
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, and Octopus Ventures.
- Working with many of the Fortune 500, including the most prominent technology firms, and leading healthcare institutions, Sleepio is already available to over a million people, all paid for by their employer.
- Partnerships with Oxford University, three leading health insurers, and multiple US universities and hospitals.
- Sleepio is recognized by Nature, Ranked, and The King’s Fund as the best evidenced App in its category.
Big Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally & experientially diverse team. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.