As an Engineering Manager at Big Health you will lead an experienced engineering team and work closely with our product, design, and clinical teams to build an effective and reliable platform. Your responsibilities will include growing a high-performing team, leading high-level strategy & planning, and stakeholder management. This is an outstanding opportunity for an Engineering Manager who is motivated by the growth of their team and wants to be an integral part in building a platform that revolutionizes digital therapeutics.
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges.
As an Engineering Manger at Big Health, you will:
- Actively support and motivate your team with hands-on mentoring, regular 1:1’s, periodic reviews, and long term professional development
- Work cross-functionally with product, clinical, and commercial teams to effectively allocate engineering resources
- Support the technical design and development process by working closely with your tech leads
- Contribute to the hiring plan and act as hiring manager for new roles on your team
- Be a trusted advisor to both internal and external stakeholders, helping them understand the technical trade offs involved in design, product, and integration decisions
- Provide guidance on project prioritization and planning
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- 2+ years successfully leading an engineering team of 3 or more
- 8+ years software engineering experience
- Experience working in a service-based architecture
- Experience working on and managing backend systems
- To be comfortable working with distributed teams
- Strong communication skills
It's a bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with serverless technologies like AWS Lambda
- Experience working with sensitive data (e.g. financial, health)
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we are creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves.
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More Background on Big Health:
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health. To date, more than 12 million people across 60+ countries have access to Sleepio or Daylight
Big Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally & experientially diverse team. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.