Senior Content Designer
Remote US /
At Big Health, we believe that compelling storytelling can change the world. We are transforming mental health care with our award-winning, clinically-proven digital health programs.
Our flagship product, Sleepio, features “The Prof” and his narcoleptic dog who help you learn life-changing techniques to take control of your sleep. It has helped people all over the world resolve their chronic sleep problems.
Our newest app, Daylight, gives people bite-sized techniques to manage their worry and anxiety, and was developed in collaboration with movie directors and podcast producers. In our latest scientific publication, 71% of people remitted from clinical levels of generalized anxiety disorder after using our app!
Big Health is looking for our first in-house writer to translate the best science-based mental health therapies into accessible and engaging content. Through radical collaboration with our clinical team, designers, and animators, you will craft impactful stories to help people reframe their mental health challenges, and learn the most effective techniques to manage better.
Come join our growing creative team and use the best of storytelling to help millions of people back to good mental health.
Outcomes & Responsibilities
- Own and manage the content creation process from ideation to release, and ensure a cohesive content experience for both Sleepio and Daylight.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, clinical experts, animators, and voice actors to develop compelling and engaging, interactive audio and animated content that help improve people’s mental health.
- Design, write, and edit new program content for Sleepio, Daylight, and future products, including audio scripts, animated videos, and interactive questions.
- Find creative solutions to technical constraints, and make the most of the interactive app experience we can offer.
- Highly creative and punchy script writing and storytelling
- Strong ability to distill abstract ideas into memorable metaphors, narratives, and imagery.
- Ability to empathize and understand people with diverse background and needs, and tell stories that resonate with a broad audience
- Thrives on collaboration and enjoys incorporating diverse perspectives into your work.
- Work effectively with voice actors, designers, illustrators and animators to bring your scripts to life
- Boundless curiosity about different topics; ready to dive deep into the field of mental health and cognitive behavioral techniquesHighly organized; able to manage multiple streams
- 4+ years of experience creating compelling scripts, shows, animations, games, and/or podcasts.
- Experience working with interactive products is a big plus!