Sr. Business Development Manager
Remote US /
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. Our “digital therapeutics” - Daylight™, for worry & anxiety, and Sleepio™, for poor sleep - are fully automated cognitive and behavioral programs that are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs. Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to help people overcome their mental health challenges. Big Health’s products are backed by 50 published clinical papers including 13 randomised controlled trials (RCTs), and are cited in leading clinical guidelines including the American College of Physicians and NICE. Today, over 12 million people worldwide have reimbursed access to Big Health’s products, via leading employers in the US and the UK’s NHS.
As a member of our Business Development team at Big Health, you'll work closely with members of the Sales, Marketing & Commercial teams to drive new business from our target accounts while being a key part of our growth engine. You will be an ambassador for our mission of bringing millions back to good mental health by executing our go-to market strategy while prospecting and identifying new opportunities for our enterprise sales team. We are headquartered in San Francisco, but this role can be remote and will report into our Head of Business Development.
Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Research and identify the key individuals in each of our target accounts
- Find creative ways of making contact with these individuals by email, phone, social channels, direct mail, etc.
- Become an ambassador of Big Health by educating benefits leaders on the impact and importance of employee mental health with a goal of scheduling an introductory call
- Conduct introductory calls with Fortune 1000 benefits leaders
- Achieve weekly activity goals across all prospecting channels: calls, emails and social
- Help drive sales to close by assisting Sales Directors with stalled opportunities or progressing early pipeline deals
- Set 8-12 monthly meetings for our enterprise sales team
- 1+ years experience in an outbound prospecting role at a fast growing company or startup
- A collaborative team-player who is able to communicate and work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Partnerships
- Creativity and tenacity in handling prospect’s objections, questions, concerns etc.
- A good understanding of the healthcare or employee benefits industry and an interest in mental health
- A self-starter with an innate drive for growth and exceeding expectations
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more
- Competitive salary packages including stock options
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.