Senior Finance Analyst
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges. Our Big Health mission is truly our guiding light. We want to help millions back to good mental health, and every interaction we have with a user is a chance to be impactful and help them to be one of those million.
Big Health is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. This is an exciting time to join the company on the backs of a new round of funding to accelerate our growth and to achieve our mission of getting millions back to good mental health. This person will play a unique role in not only shaping the strategic direction of the company but also be involved in the tactical execution. As part of the Finance team you will help build the foundations of a world-class finance organization and be a thought leader to our business partners. And as a member of a lean team you will have the opportunity to work directly with senior leadership and have access to on-the-job mentorship and coaching.
US Remote Considered - SF Bay Area Preferred
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you
- Own and run the corporate planning models for both short and long-term forecasts that incorporate all three financial statements in support of quarterly and annual planning cycles
- Partner with business unit leaders to understand key business drivers and KPIs to include in financial models and establish process and cadence to update and report
- Prepare and publish month end close reports that highlight and explain major variances to plan that incorporates insights from business leaders
- Overhaul process to update and record actual to reduce cycle time and improve accuracy
- Automate and streamline communications with Board of Directors and other external constituents to reduce development time
- Present and communicate outcome and insights on ad hoc projects to support business decisions
- Assess, implement and maintain financial planning tools like – Anaplan, Cubed, Adaptive etc
- 3 – 6 years of finance experience that includes time at a start-up in similar capacity or investment banking or management consulting
- Expert excel and financial modeling skills, that allow for collaboration and iteration without impeding speed
- Demonstrable experiences in bringing structure and process in fast paced environments
- Ability to synthesize and manipulate large amounts of data along with reporting and communicating key actionable insights in a succinct fashion
- Solid verbal and written communication skills that adapt to audience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Must have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies (including statistical concepts) and be able to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions.
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.