Head of Corporate Communiations
Remote - US /
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this through our digital therapeutics: Daylight™ for worry and anxiety, and Sleepio™ for poor sleep. These fully automated cognitive-behavioral programs are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs. Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to engage people anytime and anywhere and ultimately help them overcome their mental health issues.
As the Head of Corporate Communications, you’ll lead the strategy, direction, and execution of the external corporate and internal communications function with a focus on increasing brand exposure through media, investors, industry influencers, and policy makers.
Big Health is a remote-first company - we are headquartered in San Francisco and have a distributed team across the US and the UK. This role can be based anywhere in the US. Join us!
What you'll do:
- Develop and manage complex documents such as press releases and corporate presentation materials, including materials for Board meetings
- Extend Big Health’s outreach and thought leadership through a wide variety of channels including social media strategy, speaking, earned/owned media and execution to increase communication and Big Health branding
- Lead industry analyst communication and partner with sales, marketing, HR and cross-functional internal departments to identify upcoming news opportunities
- Generate interview and speaking opportunities; counsel Big Health leadership to advance professional development in media and communications
- Manage corporate awards program to promote Big Health’s innovation, client success, and executive visibility
- Keep abreast of current issues and trends in the media and in healthcare news
- Work with marketing to help enhance Big Health’s communications and brand in the market
- Manage media outlet contacts in print, web, radio, and television to convey Big Health developments, breaking news, issue responses and progression
- Provide Big Health internal media training and coaching to create consistency in messaging
- Own corporate communications, investor materials, annual meetings
- Serve as the key point of contact to prepare senior leadership for investor relation meetings, road shows, earnings calls, media outreach, client and clinical meetings
- Develop investor targeting and communication plans
- Engage investors and analysts to articulate the strategy of and status of Big Health’s progress
What you bring:
- BA or BS degree in Communications, business, marketing, or related field
- 10+ years of progressive experience in marketing communications with a focus on brand, thought leadership and investor relations
- 5 years of experience in the digital healthcare space
- Experience working with healthcare industry analysts, media relations, and investor relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Thoroughly familiar with all aspects VC funding round management and process
- Experience guiding teams and managing people
- Proven success building an IR/PR function in a high-growth, start-up environment
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more
- Competitive salary packages including stock options
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.