Medical Science Liaison
Remote - US /
Clinical & Research /
At Big Health, our mission is to help millions back to good mental health. Today, over 12 million people worldwide have reimbursed access to Big Health’s products, via leading employers in the US and the UK’s NHS. Our digital therapeutics - Daylight™ for worry and anxiety and Sleepio™ for poor sleep - are fully automated cognitive and behavioral programs that are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs (including being backed by 50 published clinical papers including 13 randomized controlled trials). Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to help people overcome their mental health challenges.
We are looking for a Medical Science Liaison to lead our clinical communication and engagement efforts with a variety of external stakeholders, including clinical leads within payer organizations, healthcare providers (HCPs), and professional societies, and to support our broader Medical Affairs activities. You will be a core member of the Clinical, Research, & Medical Affairs team, and will report to the Director Medical Affairs. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to create and manage a plan for outreach and engagement with key stakeholders and KOLs. With these stakeholders your aims will be to help them understand the therapeutic value and evidence behind our products such that they can become external champions.
The Director of Medical Affairs and VP of Clinical Development & Medical Affairs will collaborate with you closely and support you in these efforts. You will also contribute to broader Medical Affairs activities including the development and delivery of internal and external education/training events. You will drive growth through cross-functional collaboration to determine areas of business operations requiring improved understanding and/or communication of clinical and scientific information. You will represent Big Health externally through the provision of thought leadership at conferences, events, and written communications, as well as management of KOLs. This is a highly cross-functional role, and you will collaborate closely with Product, Marketing/Sales, Regulatory/Quality, Customer Success, and Operations.
As the Medical Science Liaison, you will:
- Develop and manage relationships with clinical KOLs within healthcare payer organizations.
- Convey clinical role of Big Health products in addressing mental health difficulties to external stakeholders.
- Accelerate pipeline of clinical and thought leadership communications.
- Develop and implement a training plan for business development and sales team
- Have the opportunity to contribute to developing strategies and tactics for expanding the reach of Big Health’s solutions to broader populations, including medically underserved populations.
- Have the opportunity to help shape and build the medical affairs function from the ground up.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- 2-5 years of Medical Affairs experience in addition to clinical credentials, e.g., PhD, MD in relevant clinical area.
- Experience managing outreach to clinical stakeholders, including developing successful outreach strategies, setting target metrics, mapping relevant stakeholders to target, coordinating and tracking outreach activities
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.