Commercial Data & Analytics Intern
Marketing & Communications
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges.
As the data & analytics intern, you will help the commercial and customer success teams better understand those customers and users through data. You will do that by helping to design and build the internal tools that our team uses to access and visualize user engagement data. Your ability to understand the diverse data needs of the company, synthesize those needs into requirements, create toolsets that satisfy those requirements, and then educate internal users on the operating those toolsets will make you a valuable contributor to the Big Health team.
As a Data & Analytics Intern at Big Health, you will:
- Learn how the commercial team manages and interacts with user and customer data
- Support the commercial and customer success teams with detailed analysis of user and customer data
- Help us build user-friendly, internal tools for analyzing, visualizing, and reporting user data
- Uncover actionable insights in diverse (and sometimes noisy) data for our internal teams and customers
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- A self-starter attitude and deep intellectual curiosity with a history of rapid, self-driven learning and subject mastery
- Experience with databases, data management, modeling, and large data sets
- Proficiency writing SQL queries and Python code using the Pandas library (experience with Jupyter notebooks, Superset, Airflow, and/or Tableau a plus)
- An understanding of what types of insights are actionable, and how to arrive at those insights
More Background on Big Health:
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health. To date, more than 12 million people across 60+ countries have access to Sleepio or Daylight
Big Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally & experientially diverse team. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.