Lead Backend Engineer
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges.
Building on the success of our flagship product sleepio, this role will be a critical team member in developing the next generation of digital therapies. They will have the opportunity to influence technology decisions & architecture as we optimize the product & scale our digital therapy platform. This is an outstanding opportunity for a Lead Engineer to build a platform while making a significant difference in the lives or tons of people suffering from insomnia.
As a Lead Backend Engineer at Big Health, you will:
- Design and build clean, reusable components of our core platform
- Solve complex problems with simple solutions
- Work closely with our product team to generalize product requirements and develop manageable delivery timelines
- Mentor junior team members in best practices
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- 5+ Years designing and building backend systems
- Contributions to multiple production system
- Experience building stateless services
- Test-minded development practices
- Production experience in python
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda
Life at Big Health
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More background on Big Health:
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health.
- To date, more than 12 million people across 60+ countries have access to Sleepio or Daylight
We at Big Health are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, in order to do so, we need to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.