Senior Communications Manager
Remote - US /
At Big Health, our mission is to help millions back to good mental health. Our digital therapeutics - Daylight™ for worry and anxiety - and Sleepio™ for poor sleep - are fully automated cognitive and behavioral programs that are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs (including being backed by 50 published clinical papers including 13 randomized controlled trials). Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to help people overcome their mental health challenges.
We're hiring a Senior Communications Manager to work closely with our founders and leadership to help shape the Big Health brand. You'll build and scale a media positioning strategy and support the growth of all our external communications to deliver customized approaches across product, corporate, consumer and enterprise news in the US and the UK. This is a brand new role reporting to our VP of Marketing. Join us!
As the Senior Communications Manager, you will:
- Build awareness in business media that Big Health is a leading provider of digital medicine for mental health conditions
- Identify speaking opportunities for our CEO (Peter Hames) to lead ongoing conversations about mental health and the need for scaled solutions
- Generate media starts looking for Big Health’s and Peter’s perspective on news/stories related to mental health solutions or the mental health crisis
- Synchronize content and comms so we have a resource of published content that supports outward facing storylines/pitches
- Create and leverage a direct link with primary media connections to insert, influence, and develop stories related or adjacent to Big Heath
To be successful in this role, you:
- Are a brilliant storyteller and talented communicator who can construct powerful narratives that move our brand and reputation forward
- Are a master connector and relationship builder - you know the right partners to build on Big Health’s communications initiatives, and know who to approach for external support
- Are outcomes and results focused - you know how to prioritize strategy and goals for teams and rally everyone to focus on the highest impact initiatives
- Have incredible organizational skills and attention to detail and are able to balance the big picture with getting the important things right (done is better than perfect!)
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.