Remote US /
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges. Our Big Health mission is truly our guiding light. We want to help millions back to good mental health, and every interaction we have with a user is a chance to be impactful and help them to be one of those million.
At Big Health, support is a superpower for our high producing, dynamic teams and their leaders. The company’s second Executive Assistant will be instrumental in delivering overdue support to the company’s VPs helping to build out a solid administrative function for the first time in Big Health history! This ‘comfortable with change’ EA will reinforce company objectives by increasing leadership effectiveness and smoothing out department inefficiencies. Working in partnership with the company’s leadership team will mean that you thrive in chaos by creating order; enjoy solving complex problems and are motivated by flawless execution from behind the scenes. This is an opportunity to up-level your career as an administrative professional with a team that views your daily contributions as nothing less than heroic!
This is a full-time position and we will accept applications for remote workers in the Pacific Time zone.
As the Executive Assistant at Big Health, you will:
- Remove time management as an obstacle for work streams across the organization by leveraging clear prioritization strategies and refined calendaring skills.
- Reinforce accountability from the bottom / up through effective stakeholder management.
- Fill gaps cross-functionally by building an understanding of the unique operational needs of each department.
- Add hours back to the day for the company’s busiest leaders by being motivated in the short term to manage all requests big and small.
- Build strong relationships across different levels of the organization through timely communication, continuous improvement and a willingness to learn new things.
- Partner with senior EA to implement greater efficiency across the growing organization
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 3 years of business experience required.
- At least 1 year of business administrative background with strong experience in calendaring and travel. Project management a plus!
- Excellent verbal & written communicator: Nothing is ever lost in translation and no detail goes unnoticed when you work with your teams.
- Effectively manages up: Senior leaders both internally and externally trust you to deliver completely
- Supreme time management and multitasking ability: you know how to stay organized when there are 300 things going on at the same time, not only that, you like it!
- Service mindset: You thrive on anticipating the needs of others and putting those needs first
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.