Illustrator for Animation
Remote US /
At Big Health, we believe that compelling storytelling can change the world. We are transforming mental health care with our award-winning, clinically-proven digital health programs.
Our flagship product, Sleepio, features “The Prof” and his narcoleptic dog who teach you life-changing techniques to take control of your sleep. It has helped people all over the world resolve their chronic sleep problems.
Our newest app, Daylight, gives people bite-sized techniques to manage their worry and anxiety, and was developed in collaboration with movie directors and podcast producers. In our latest scientific publication, 71% of people remitted from clinical levels of generalized anxiety disorder after using our app!
Big Health is looking for our first in-house Illustrator for Animation to translate mental health therapies into accessible and engaging content. Through collaboration with our clinical team, designers, and animators, you will craft impactful stories to help people reframe their mental health challenges, and learn the most effective techniques to manage better.
Come join our growing creative team and use the best of storytelling to help millions of people back to good mental health.
Applicant need to be based in the US.
Outcomes and Responsibilities
- Craft miniature stories that connect with people and their experiences that are the centrepiece to our product experiences.
- Design memorable characters and worlds that will grow into a life of their own to help define our products and brand.
- Collaborate with product teams, visual designers and clinical experts to develop brand new ways to deliver therapeutic techniques to those suffering from anxiety, insomnia and depression.
- Partner with our animation team to bring your art and storyboards to life.
- Evolve the illustration and animation style and design to ensure its inclusivity and diversity.
- 4+ years prior professional experience.
- You can translate emotion into image and bring characters to life with a thorough understanding of visual storytelling, narrative arc and timing.
- You can design style frames and storyboards and prepare your illustration files for animation.
- Excellent communication skills to articulate ideas and design decisions and work with our animation team to produce high quality output.
- You enjoy working in a team and collaborating with experts in other fields to reach a shared outcome.
- Excellent skills in all the relevant design programs.
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance