Senior Product Engineer
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges.
We are looking for a software engineer to play a key role in building the next generation of digital therapies. They will have the opportunity to influence technology decisions and architecture as we build new products, optimise and expand existing ones, and scale our digital therapy to new target platforms.
Our modern tech stack uses microservices with AWS Lambda, Python and Postgres on the backend and React Native on the frontend. There is also some native mobile code in Java and Objective-C.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Engineer to play a key role in growing a rapidly scaling company, while building unique products that benefit the lives of millions of people.
As a Senior Product Engineer at Big Health, you will:
- Build new and improve our existing digital therapy systems (including the frameworks and tools needed to build them)
- Solve complex problems with pragmatic yet elegant solutions
- Be a trusted advisor to our product team, helping them understand the technical trade offs involved in their design and product decisions
- Mentor and coach junior team members and review colleagues’ work
- Play a key role in keeping our tools, processes, and technical road map current
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- 5+ years designing and building well engineered, well tested, backend code
- Strong Python skills
- Excellent communication skills
- First class software design and architecture skills
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience working with mobile native code for Android and or/iOS
- Have contributed to open source projects
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we are creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves.
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Competitive salary and equity package
More background on Big Health:
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health. To date, more than 12 million people across 60+ countries have access to Sleepio or Daylight
Big Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally & experientially diverse team. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.