As a Junior Recruiter at Big Health, you will be responsible for finding the very best and most interesting candidates to join our team, working across functions from sales to engineering. In partnership with hiring managers, you will own the recruiting processes by setting up best practices to hire top talent, while providing a superb candidate experience. You will be integral to building and shaping how a talent function works at our small mission-driven organization. Together with our team, you will help improve the mental health of millions.
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating what we call, “Digital Medicine”. Our programs are highly personalized, automated behavioral therapy programs backed by gold standard clinical evidence. In addition to being backed by 8 randomized controlled trials, our programs follow our core product philosophy of using “entertainment as medicine” as the way to engage individuals and in turn teach them the necessary cognitive and behavioral skills required to overcome their troubles, be it poor sleep or worry.
As a Junior Recruiter at Big Health, you will:
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process from sourcing through to offers, across technical and non-technical roles
- Partner with and serve as a trusted advisor to hiring teams and managers
- Lead creative recruiting, sourcing, and outreach initiatives including attendance at external events
- Collaborate with the operations team to own the entire candidate experience
- Continually measure the success of our recruiting and hiring processes
- Coordinate interview schedules and all necessary logistics; from room booking through to greeting candidates
- Manage Lever, our Applicant Tracking System
- Create job postings for the Big Health website and job boards
In order to be successful, you will need:
- Experience. An ideal candidate has 1-2 years of recruitment in the tech industry. But candidates with a demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage complex projects will also be considered.
- Attention. You’ll have ownership over the recruiting process and measuring its success. Being detailed oriented, thorough, creative and analytical will help you be successful in this role.
- Tenacity. A big part of this role is keeping an even keel and finding the route through obstacles when searching for, and engaging with, the right talent for our team.
- Curiosity. An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Interest. Strong aptitude and interest in learning all aspects of Human Resources beyond recruiting and shaping the HR function at Big Health as we grow.
- Confidentiality. The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion, working with a high level of professionalism.
- Communication. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- You’ll have a lot of control over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More about Big Health
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- Working with many of the world’s leading employers, including Fortune 500 companies, the most prominent technology firms, and leading healthcare institutions, enabling Sleepio to be available to over 1 million people by the end of 2016, all paid for by their employer
- Partnerships with Oxford University, three leading health insurers, and multiple US universities and hospitals
- Sleepio is recognized by Nature, Ranked Health, and The King’s Fund as the best evidenced App in its category
Big Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally & experientially diverse team. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.