Senior Product Designer
Remote - US /
At Big Health, our mission is to help millions back to good mental health by providing fully digital, non-drug options for the most common mental health conditions. Our digital therapeutics — Daylight for anxiety, and Sleepio for insomnia — are available anytime and anywhere to help people overcome their mental health issues.
In pursuit of our mission, we’ve pioneered the first at-scale digital therapeutic business model, in partnership with some of the most prominent global healthcare organizations, including CVS Health and the UK’s NHS. Through product innovation, robust clinical evaluation, and a commitment to equity at scale, we are designing the next generation of medicine and the future of mental health care.
Big Health is a remote-first company, and this role can be based anywhere in the US. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To learn more about working at Big Health, visit Built In or Glassdoor. Join us.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll help design the next stage of growth and innovation for our products. You'll design meaningful experiences to engage people during their care journey and set the strategy on how we deliver quality mental health care to millions more people, wherever and whenever they need it.
Essential Job Duties:
- Design easy-to-use mobile experiences that engage patients in their journey with mental health
- Help our teams move fast by building standardized design components, patterns, and libraries
- Partner closely with designers, product managers, clinical experts, engineers, marketers, regulatory advisors, and business leaders to find innovative, elegant, and practical solutions to complex design challenges
- Explore a wide range of creative design solutions, pushing beyond obvious or incremental improvements
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and polished prototypes for testing and iteration
- Produce modern, best-in-class experiences that meet (and often exceed) user expectations
- Consistently elevate the look and feel of our products
- Generate project plans to execute high quality and on-time outcomes that support teams in meeting short-term and long-term growth objectives
- Communicate effectively to explain design decisions, negotiate trade-offs, identify risks, and share learnings
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years proven experience working directly on best-in-class mobile user interfaces
- Proficient using Figma and complementary tools and plug-ins to prototype user flows, transitions, and interactions
- High fluency in iOS and Android patterns and interactions
- Track record of shipping polished design work; ability to navigate constraints and compromises during implementation while maintaining rigorous quality standards
- Ability to frame problems creatively, come up with a wide range of design solutions, and clearly articulate the trade-offs between different options
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative, flexible working style
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple work streams and synthesize feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders within a remote/distributed work setting
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input.
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program.
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves.
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More Background on Big Health:
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health. To date, more than 12 million people across 60+ countries have access to Sleepio or Daylight
$120,000 - $155,000 a year
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Additional compensation may include benefits, variable pay, discretionary bonuses and equity.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. The pay scale is subject to change depending on business needs.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.