Lead Software Engineer - Frontend (Remote in UK)
Remote - UK /
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health.
We do this through our digital therapeutics: Daylight™ for worry and anxiety, and Sleepio™, for poor sleep.
These fully automated cognitive and behavioral programs are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs.
And our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to engage people anytime and anywhere and ultimately help them overcome their mental health challenges.
Today, over 12 million people worldwide have access to Big Health’s products, via leading employers in the US (including Target, Google, and Boston Medical) and the UK’s NHS.
As a Lead Frontend Engineer at Big Health, you will be a critical member of our Engineering team and develop components for the next generation of digital therapies platform.
You will have the opportunity to influence technology decisions and user experience as we optimize the product and scale our digital therapy platform.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to build a modern enterprise-grade platform while having a meaningful impact on the lives of individuals.
Join us and bring your unique talents to do great things!
What you'll do:
- Design, build and maintain clean, reusable components of our Digital Medicine platform
- Build for scalability, observability, and ease of maintenance
- Own and ensure the quality of your deliverables
- Participate in the documentation of technical designs
- Collaborate across teams to improve our engineering practices
- Mentor junior team members in best practices
What you bring:
- You have 4+ years of work experience designing, building and deploying Frontend applications in production
- You have experience building in cloud-based distributed systems
It would be great if you had...
- Experience developing Microservices, Rest APIs, OpenAPI
- An interest in working across the stack and experience with Python
- Experience with Agile methodology
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.