Director of Communications
Marketing & Communications
At Big Health we’re creating the first generation of “digital medicine” - automated behavioral programs that are as scalable and consistent as drugs. Our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health - without pills or potions.
Now we need an accomplished communications leader to make sure the world knows it! As our first senior comms hire you will work directly with our CEO to cement Big Health’s position as the world leader in digital medicine. You will build, deliver and scale our communications strategy, including earned and owned media, social and events.
- Lead in the planning and execution of a comprehensive communications campaign including media relations, content and partnerships
- Build and maintain strong relationships with members of the press, influencers, and key partners
- Generate media outreach strategies, and execute plans thoughtfully and effectively
- Write press releases, media pitches, and all other types of content we need
- Work with members of Big Health’s product and engineering teams to create effective messaging to support new products and services
- 6+ years of experience managing successful multi-channel comms programs, with extensive media connections as a result
- A passion for transforming healthcare for the better, in order to help millions back to good mental health
- An action-oriented thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into communication initiatives with cut-through
- Sound project management skills with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in a fast paced environment with initiative and impeccable follow through
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the healthcare industry (both good and bad) a plus but not required
Life at Big Health
- We treat our team like the grown ups they are, providing autonomy and trust by default
- We believe there is strength in diversity - we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- We are committed to supporting continual improvement as individuals and an organisation through quarterly structured personal reviews and our dedicated professional development budget
- We aim to be one of the happiest and most productive workplaces in the world, supported by our quarterly happiness survey and dedicated happiness fund
- We strive to live our values - hopefully you’ll see them in every interaction you have with us.
- Of course all of this sits on a strong foundation of competitive salary and equity, comprehensive health benefits and generous vacation and maternity/paternity policies.
More about Big Health
- Backed by leading venture capital firms Index Ventures, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, and Octopus Ventures.
- Working with many of the Fortune 500, including the most prominent technology firms, and leading healthcare institutions, Sleepio is available to over a million people, all paid for by their employer.
- Partnerships with Oxford University, three leading health insurers, and multiple US universities and hospitals.
- Sleepio is recognized by Nature, Ranked, and The King’s Fund as the best evidenced App in its category.
Big Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally & experientially diverse team. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.