Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Do you enjoy empowering those around you by building elegant tools and workflows that simplify complex problems? We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer that has experience building end-to-end systems but is motivated by enabling their colleagues to work more efficiently. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will work cross-functionally to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and build new systems to improve daily workflows for technical and non-technical coworkers. This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer to play a critical role in helping us scale the next generation of digital therapies.
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will:
- Develop and maintain internal tools to be leveraged by the cross-functional team
- Collaborate with various team to understand their needs and provide technical solutions
- Solve complex problems with simple, user-friendly tools
- Mentor junior team members in best practices
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- 5+ years designing and building end-to-end systems
- Interest in focusing on internal facing tools
- Experience working in a service-based architecture
- Test-minded development practices
- Python or Ruby experience
Bonus points for experience with:
- React/React Native
- Familiarity with AWS
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input.
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program.
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves.
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More Background on Big Health:
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health. To date, more than 12 million people across 60+ countries have access to Sleepio or Daylight
Big Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally & experientially diverse team. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.