Lead UX Researcher
San Francisco /
At Big Health, we are passionate about transforming mental health care with our award-winning, clinically-proven digital health programs. Our flagship product, Sleepio, has helped people around the world take control of their sleep with cognitive behavioral techniques (CBT), and has 40 published scientific papers and 12 randomized control trials to its name. Our second product, Daylight, launched to clients this year, and measures a 71% remission rate in our latest scientific publication.
We are looking for an experienced UX researcher to support every step of our product development process, to help us quadruple our clinical impact over the next year. Partner with designers and clinicians to make our programs even more effective, and help design new programs for additional mental health areas. Conduct foundational research to uncover the most promising opportunities in healthcare, government, and nonprofits, and help guide strategy on how we can reach millions more people in need of mental health support.
Outcomes & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and clinical experts to prioritize and deliver up to 3 ethnographic studies and 10 surveys each quarter to maximize our product outcomes.
- Ensure that research insights are acted on by translating findings into digestible insight decks, user journeys, personas, design principles, strategic roadmaps and product features.
- Own research projects end to end, from recruiting participants, building surveys, conducting interviews and analyzing results for insights, to communicating findings and running brainstorms.
- Conduct generative and evaluative user research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods, in-person and remote
- Support both long-term strategic research as well as short-term tactical research and testing
- Ability to empathize and understand people with diverse background and needs, especially those with different mental health conditions
- Ability to frame problems creatively, recognize patterns, and synthesize narratives into insightful, clear, and relevant findings
- Excellent communication skills, from interviewing people to presenting work
- Collaborative and flexible working style, able to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple streams
- Can flex comfortably between creative and analytical modes
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance