At Big Health we’re creating the first generation of “digital medicine” - automated behavioral therapies that are as scalable and consistent as drugs. Our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health - without pills or potions.
Reporting to the VP of Product Management, the Product Manager will own key parts of the existing product, Sleepio. In the first 45 days they will audit the system, gain an understanding from stakeholders on current product strengths & weaknesses, and interpret the existing behavioral data on users. In the first 90 days they will build a roadmap for Sleepio with the high-level goal of helping more people to good mental health. Additionally, they will develop a set of metrics that balance business growth with delivering the highest quality digital therapies to our users.
Given the above and the complexity of our current Sleepio system, the Product Manager must be strong in quantitative analysis, conversant in technical architecture and able communicate both to diverse audiences in a compelling narrative.
As a Product Manager at Big Health, you will:
- Own a product area and are expected to operate autonomously on day-to-day activities
- Collaborate with VP of Product Management to develop overall product strategy and define the vision, roadmap, and goals for the product
- Work closely with our engineers and work through technical tradeoffs and architecture
- Collaborate with our product designers in concepting and designing the product
- Partner with our clinical team to derive strategies to implement clinically-proven therapies in novel, engaging ways
- Work closely with our commercial team to understand the revenue impact and collect requirements to support sales
- Use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Write specs, manage execution, A/B test, UI/UX wireframe, and define product roll-out strategy
- Articulate the core hypothesis of any project and define a way to validate the hypothesis whether it is with quantitative or qualitative means
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on usage patterns to understand user pain points and come up with solutions
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- A foundation in a quantitative or technical discipline typically gained through at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Economics or other quantitative field of study
- 2+ yrs applying that tech foundation as an Engineer, Management Consultant or similar role
- 2+ yrs formal experience in a Product Management role
- A mix of hands on Technical / Quantitative experience and Business / Product Management experience.
- A genuine interest (work exp a plus) in the field of Behavioral health especially where technology & behavior intersect
- Exposure to the concept of Digital Therapies / Medicine
Life at Big Health
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- You’ll have a lot of control over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More about Big Health
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- Working with many of the world’s leading employers, including Fortune 500 companies, the most prominent technology firms, and leading healthcare institutions, enabling Sleepio to be available to over 1 million people by the end of 2016, all paid for by their employer
- Partnerships with Oxford University, three leading health insurers, and multiple US universities and hospitals
- Sleepio is recognized by Nature, Ranked Health, and The King’s Fund as the best evidenced App in its category
Big Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally & experientially diverse team. Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.