Lead Avatar Artist
Bigscreen is looking for an experienced 3D artist to design new avatars for social VR in Bigscreen. You'll get ownership and responsibility over the entire avatar system, from the avatar customizer to the design of the hands and in-app tools. Prior VR experience is not required but highly desired.
We are open to either part-time or full-time roles.
Founded in 2014, Bigscreen is a California-based technology company creating an immersive virtual reality telepresence platform that aims to revolutionize the way people work, play, hangout, and collaborate. Since its beta launch in March 2016, it has become one of the most popular and highly rated VR apps. Power users spend 20-30 hours per week in Bigscreen, making it one of the most widely used "killer apps" in the industry.
Join us and help design the future of computing and collaboration.
Design and develop
- New social VR avatars for Bigscreen (full bodies, arms, hats, hands, etc.)
- Identity concepts such as customizing user avatars, saving outfits, and facial mesh generation
- Expressive features like simulated eye tracking, facial and hand gestures, and emotion shortcuts
- Interactive environmental objects like whiteboard markers, toys, and board games
- Design VR environments and interactions for customizing avatars
- Design and develop virtual NPCs/AI
- 3+ years of experience with humanoid avatar 3D modeling, animating and rigging
- Several years of industry experience, shipped one or more apps/games
- Strong expertise with 3D modeling tools and workflow (Maya, Modo, Zbrush, or similar)
- Experience scripting and developing in Unity
- Experience working remotely, independently, and collaboratively on small teams
- Strong communication skills in English
- Experience designing social VR apps
- Built and shipped a VR app/game
- C# programming skills with Unity
Location is Remote
We're currently in Berkeley, California (UTC-8) so ideally you live in North America or South America. We prefer if you live in a timezone that is less than 4 hours different from UTC-8 / Pacific Time.