Prior VR experience is not required
Founded in 2014, Bigscreen is a California-based technology company creating an immersive virtual reality telepresence platform that aims to revolutionize the way people work, play, hangout, and collaborate. Since its beta launch in March 2016, it has become one of the most popular and highly rated VR apps. Power users spend 20-30 hours per week in Bigscreen, making it one of the most widely used "killer apps" in the industry.
Join us and help design the future of computing and collaboration.
- Build Bigscreen's social backend, including friends lists, cross-platform invite mechanisms, and other social features
- Develop the Bigscreen user account system, the backend for the Bigscreen Store, and payments integrations
- Manage the backend web services, ensure uptime and performance, and manage releases
- Creating a suite of user-facing web and desktop apps to allow users on more platforms to interact and communicate with others in Bigscreen, just as Slack/Skype/Discord have apps on every major platform
- Build new front-end UIs for 2D and VR
- Focus on technical challenges such as: scaling APIs, decentralized consensus, peer-to-peer networking, real-time and reactive UIs and more!
- Manage, coordinate, and work with the designers, backend developers, and front-end developers on the team
- Strong skills in UI design
- Several years of experience building and scaling web apps in production, with Node.js, Redis, and similar tech stacks
- Several years of experience with networking, databases, CDNs, message queues, and reverse proxies
- Several years of experience managing web services in production
- Strong engineering practices, code quality, and project management skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience working independently and collaboratively on small teams
- Experience managing small engineering teams
- Expertise with decentralized peer-to-peer (P2P) network architectures, real-time media encoding, WebRTC, and MCUs are highly desired
- Expertise with the Chromium codebase and embedded Chromium (CEF, NWJS or Electron) are highly desired
Location is Remote
We're currently in Berkeley, California (UTC-8) so ideally you live in North America or South America. We prefer if you live in a timezone that is less than 4 hours different from UTC-8 / Pacific Time.