Senior Front-end UI Developer
As a front-end developer, you'll work on both 2D user interfaces as well as cutting-edge VR user interfaces. Much of the VR interface reuses these HTML UI components, but some are native UI elements built in Unity.
We're looking for front-end web developers with strong programming skills and a strong design background.
Prior experience with VR and Unity3D is not required.
Founded in 2014, Bigscreen is a California-based technology company creating an immersive virtual reality telepresence platform that aims to revolutionize the way people work, play, hangout, and collaborate. Since its beta launch in March 2016, it has become one of the most popular and highly rated VR apps. Power users spend 20-30 hours per week in Bigscreen, making it one of the most widely used "killer apps" in the industry.
Join us and help design the future of computing and collaboration.
- Prototype, design, and develop front-end UI (HTML/CSS/JS) for new features in the Bigscreen app
- Prototype and iterate on new VR UI (Unity, C#) in order to make Bigscreen the best collaborative, productive, and immersive computing application
- Work on user-facing web, mobile, and desktop apps to allow users on more platforms to interact and communicate with others in Bigscreen, just as Slack/Skype/Discord have apps on every major platform
- Several years of experience designing and developing web or mobile products
- Strong background in UI/mobile/web design and development
- Several years of experience with design tools (Photoshop, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience with web backends, HTTP REST APIs, and real time & reactive web apps
- Good communication skills in English
- Good project management skills
- Great at working independently and collaboratively on small teams
- Experience building and designing VR apps, games, and interaction design
- Experience designing and developing in Unity and C#
- Some experience building and designing Android apps
Location is Remote
We're currently in Berkeley, California (UTC-8) so ideally you live in North America or South America. We prefer if you live in a timezone that is less than 4 hours different from UTC-8 / Pacific Time.