Product & Marketing
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketer with a strong background in consumer software product marketing to join our fully remote team.
You will work on the entire product lifecycle: help shape the product, develop go-to-market strategies, execute product launches, and grow adoption/revenue post-launch.
- Interact with our users, collect user feedback, customer insights, and bug reports. Explore and understand new markets and user segments. Shape product development by working directly with the CEO, engineers, and designers.
- Promote use cases/user stories of Bigscreen. Tell the world how people in hospitals and college dorms are using Bigscreen, how people in long-distance relationships having date nights in Bigscreen, etc.
- Execute product launches. Coordinate the release and marketing of major product launches (quarterly) and minor product updates (weekly). Manage the QA team/process. Develop product messaging (release notes/social media content) for all of our distribution platforms (In-App, Blog, Newsletter, Twitter, Facebook, Steam, Oculus, Reddit) – and/or recruit & manage a community manager/social media intern. Work with a video editor to create video trailers/GIFs/screenshots/visual marketing content. Work with the CEO and PR firms on PR/promotion: App Store featuring, press/influencer outreach, press kits, and giving demos
- Work with the CEO on business development, meeting with movie studios and partners, giving demos
- Execute event marketing and lead go-to-market. We've got distribution deals with major movie studios to show the best movies ever made in our VR movie theater. Work with the CEO and our movie studio partners on developing a content schedule and marketing each movie event. What movies do we sell each day? How do we get consumers to attend movie nights? How do we grow revenue? Track the right metrics and execute campaigns.
Our ideal candidate will have...
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience that can span product marketing, event marketing, operations, QA, user research, go-to-market strategy, PR, or project management
- Experience working remotely on small <20-person teams (startups, game studios, etc.)
- Strong writing skills (blog posts, product updates, newsletters, social media)
- Strong communication skills – critical for a remote team, and especially useful when communicating bugs to the engineering team, or explaining features to press/influencers, or interacting with customers
- Some prior experience with VR
Bonus (not required)
- Built and launched a VR application
- Experience with Social VR
- Some experience with the Unity Editor
- Some experience with version control (git & Github)
- Some experience with project management tools (Asana)
- Made apps/games with Unity
Bigscreen is a "VR movie theater"
We are a <10 person, fully remote company creating one of the most popular VR platforms in the world with nearly 1 million users. Founded in 2014, Bigscreen has $14 million in funding from top venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz & True Ventures.
Over the next 10 years, our goal is to build useful software for VR/AR headsets that people could use for 10 hours a day, every day, for telepresence/collaboration with coworkers, and social entertainment with friends. We believe VR/AR headsets will replace most screens (TVs, laptops, etc.) in 5-10 years.
Today, our power users already spend 20-30 hours every week using Bigscreen. The most popular use case of Bigscreen today is social video watching. We recently partnered with Paramount Pictures, MGM, and other major movie studios to distribute their movies in our social VR movie theater. Imagine watching the latest summer blockbuster in a virtual IMAX-like movie theater with friends around the world.
In the next year, we will expand Bigscreen to more VR/AR headsets (ex. PlayStation) and release major product updates such as new avatars, new environments, friend systems, and new paid/premium features such as selling virtual movie tickets to premium movie showings.
Why work with us?
Futuristic Product & Mission
Work on one of the most popular VR products in the world. Bigscreen has nearly 1 million users; power users spend 20-30 hours using Bigscreen every week, making it a "killer app" for VR.
Work from home at a high-growth, high-paying tech company, without wasting hours each week commuting into an office and without uprooting your life and moving to Silicon Valley. Our team is currently in San Francisco, Nashville, Denver, Argentina, and New Zealand.
We do 2-3 retreats per year, and attendance is required. We travel to fantastic destinations around the world like Cancun, Mexico and Lisbon, Portugal. People with obligations (family/health/etc.) come for 7-9 days and some people stay longer if they can (10-15 days). It's an exciting opportunity to collaborate face-to-face and bond with the team.
Experienced & Diverse Team
We're a product-driven company. We're listening to our users, releasing frequent updates, working on hard engineering problems, and building a sustainable/profitable business with a long-term plan for the future of VR/AR.
Our founder is an experienced entrepreneur with a decade of experience in startups, engineering, and product design. Some of us have built several VC-backed tech startups. Some shipped award-winning videogames. Some of us have built lightfield rendering engines and entire game engines in the past.
Work Life Balance
As a tech startup, we work hard but we strike a healthy balance. We tend to work 5.5 days per week, and a bit more than a typical "M-F 9-5" job. But we don't work insane "100 hour weeks" or "crunch mode." We prioritize 8 hours of sleep, health/fitness, and family because we are in this for the long run and don't want to burn out.
Flexible Work Hours
Start your work day at anytime, take any breaks during the day (walk your dog, take kids to school, or cook with your family!), and end your work day at anytime. Some people take every Sunday off, and some people take time off during the middle of the week randomly. Some people start working at 7am local time, while others start working at 1pm and prefer to work late at night.
We don't measure work hours/schedule; we instead look for self-motivated people that work hard and care deeply about their work.
Big Growth, Big Salary, Big Equity
With $14 million in funding and a path to profitability, this is a long-term stable job with growth opportunities in a high growth company. We provide above-market rate salaries and a large equity (% ownership) stake in company, giving you a share in the potentially huge financial upside.
Computer hardware, VR headsets, coworking spaces, healthcare, paid leave, and more!
We strongly prefer if you are within +/- 5 hours of California