Senior Unity3D Developer - Android
Bigscreen is made with Unity and is currently available on the PC (Oculus Rift/HTC Vive) and coming soon to Android (Gear VR/Daydream). We’re looking for experienced programmers who have previously built and shipped apps/games with Unity. We look for both strong technical chops and creative skills.
Founded in 2014, Bigscreen is a California-based technology company creating an immersive virtual reality telepresence platform that aims to revolutionize the way people work, play, hangout, and collaborate. Since its beta launch in March 2016, it has become one of the most popular and highly rated VR apps. Power users spend 20-30 hours per week in Bigscreen, making it one of the most widely used "killer apps" in the industry.
Join us and help design the future of computing and collaboration.
- Develop and optimize the Android version of Bigscreen
- Prototype, design, and implement new features in Unity
- Ensure good performance, feature parity, and interoperability with the PC version of Bigscreen
- Work independently with ownership over the Unity Android codebase
- Work collaboratively with artists and other programmers on the team to create powerful & enjoyable features like whiteboards, avatars, new environments, and more
- Several years of experience with C# and the Unity3D API
- Built & shipped one or more apps/games with Unity
- Built & shipped one or more mobile apps/games (iOS or Android)
- Strong Unity 5 expertise with lighting & rendering (Enlighten), physics, performance profiling & optimization, etc.
- Experience with programming fundamentals and project management (GitHub, Trello, testing, etc.)
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience with profiling and optimizing Unity mobile apps
- Experience working on small, remote/distributed teams
- Experience building VR / AR apps for the Rift/Vive/Gear VR/HoloLens
- Graphics programming experience with C/C++, DirectX, OpenGL ES, and writing native PC/Android plugins for Unity
- Game design experience including levels/environments, user interactions, and enjoyable game mechanics
Location is Remote
We're currently in Berkeley, California (UTC-8) so ideally you live in North America or South America. We prefer if you live in a timezone that is less than 4 hours different from UTC-8 / Pacific Time.