Senior Unity3D Designer
We're looking for an experienced Unity3D designer to work on VR user interfaces, create new social VR features, and design the future of immersive computing.
Founded in 2014, Bigscreen is a California-based technology company creating an immersive virtual reality telepresence platform that aims to revolutionize the way people work, play, hangout, and collaborate. Since its beta launch in March 2016, it has become one of the most popular and highly rated VR apps. Power users spend 20-30 hours per week in Bigscreen, making it one of the most widely used "killer apps" in the industry.
Join us and help design the future of computing and collaboration.
- Prototype and design new VR user interfaces and interaction mechanics to make Bigscreen more enjoyable & useful
- Create walkthroughs, NPCs, and features to improve the new user experience
- Build new social VR features and game mechanics (ex. avatars, gestures, minigames) to improve the quality of social interactions and presence in VR
- Build new productivity features and computing interfaces (ex. keyboards, whiteboards) to make Bigscreen useful in more contexts
- Strong skills in design (game design, user interface design, interaction design)
- Strong skills in prototyping and scripting in Unity
- Strong understanding of shaders, performance, physics, and animations in Unity
- Strong skills in 3D modeling
- Designed and shipped one or more games
- Several years of experience with Unity and 3D modeling software
- Built and released a VR game/app for the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift
- Built and released Android apps or Android games with Unity
- Experience with multiplayer game design and development
Location is Remote
We're currently in Berkeley, California (UTC-8) so ideally you live in North America or South America. We prefer if you live in a timezone that is less than 4 hours different from UTC-8 / Pacific Time.