Bigscreen is one of the most popular and widely used VR apps in the world. Use cases of Bigscreen include playing your fav Steam games in VR, watching movies in a virtual theater with friends, and even working and collaborating with colleagues in a virtual office.
We're looking for a hungry, scrappy & talented person to take charge of marketing and PR at Bigscreen. Your job is to communicate the value proposition of Bigscreen - "what, why, and how" - to the world.
You'll also be responsible for content marketing, social media, coordinating press coverage for product launches. Content marketing work includes writing blog posts and creating visual (screenshot/GIF/video) content to explain and promote use cases of Bigscreen. You'll get to work remotely, a budget to buy and play videogames, write compelling blog posts, create engaging content for YouTube and Twitter, and build the Bigscreen brand.
This article and video describes how people love using Bigscreen to play Overwatch in VR with their friends. This reddit post shows Bigscreen Rocket League virtual LAN party, and this shows what it's like to play Civilization VI in Bigscreen. This article covers business use cases where teams use Bigscreen to collaborate and work together.
Founded in 2014, Bigscreen is a California-based technology company creating an immersive virtual reality telepresence platform that aims to revolutionize the way people work, play, hangout, and collaborate. Since its beta launch in March 2016, it has become one of the most popular and highly rated VR apps. Power users spend 20-30 hours per week in Bigscreen, making it one of the most widely used "killer apps" in the industry.
Join us and help design the future of computing and collaboration.
- Strong writing skills with prior published work in blogs or news sites
- Strong understanding of VR and AR
- Familiarity with a wide range of gaming genres and popular PC/console games
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience working independently and remotely
- Experience using Bigscreen
- Must own a Vive or Rift
- Must enjoy playing PC & console videogames
- Design and photo editing skills with Adobe Photoshop (or similar)
- Video production and editing skills, specifically video game trailers
- Experience with video editing software (Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or similar)
- Experience with making VR videos using green screens (mixed reality)
- Content marketing (writing blog posts & help center docs, capturing & editing videos, GIFs, and screenshots)
- Improve user acquisition and retention by effectively communicating Bigscreen's value propositions and use cases to new users
- Press outreach (pitch journalists and secure coverage for major product launches and announcements)
Please send us examples of published work, blog posts, game reviews, YouTube videos, and other content you've created.
Location is remote.
Once hired, you'll have access to any hardware you need ranging from the latest VR headsets to PCs, gaming consoles, as well as a budget to buy and play the latest games and movies.
This can be a part-time/freelance or a full-time position. Like all positions at Bigscreen, this job will start out as a 2-8 week paid contract (a trial period). If that works out well, we can discuss a full-time role.