Product & Design – Design /
A BIT ABOUT US
We are a bold new game studio with a mission to build cutting edge AAA entertainment for the 21st century. Our team are veterans in the fields of online games, social games and crypto from Epic Games, Riot, Blizzard, Sony, EA and Decentraland. We are fully funded and building a dream team of A-players who want to work with the best of the best and take their careers to the next level. See press coverage: Bloomberg, VentureBeat, CoinDesk.
As a Mission Designer, you will contribute to the quest design, world-building, and marketing efforts of a brand new IP. This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the world.
- Design interactive mission content in engine.
- Work with the Lead Writer to tell compelling stories across a wide range of mediums.
- Work closely with our creative team to expand our quest and worldbuilding efforts.
- Write clear, compelling copy for a variety of platforms in a wide range of styles (direct to consumer, investor friendly, in-world marketing, etc.)
- Write dialog and descriptions in our branching dialog tool.
- Test and proactively troubleshoot the game’s narrative.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development, providing constructive insight and feedback when needed.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in the entertainment industry as a writer and/or quest designer.
- Have a great understanding and ability to tell stories, write scripts, find character voice and maintain consistency across projects.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional range in terms of tone and voice.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- High level of technical proficiency (PC-based).
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in more than one medium, including games, TV/film/comics, traditional or viral marketing, social media, etc.
- Must love games!
- Ability to generate endless funny and interesting names.
- Ability to target specific audiences on various social media platforms.
- Experience working with RPG and online multiplayer games.
- Knowledge of game design (quests, branching dialogue, etc.)
- Experience writing with branching dialogue tools (Articy, Twine, Ink, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4.
- A love of history.
- A love of sci-fi & fantasy.
- Experience working on a distributed team spread across several time zones.
- Please attach three writing samples that are representative of your range and skill as a writer (ideally a mix of fiction and non-fiction).
- Samples may include game writing, short stories, novel excerpts, screenplays/script excerpts, graphic novel excerpts, or video links to cutscenes/dialogue sequences you have written.
- Published marketing copy is also desirable.
- Resumes without writing samples will not be considered.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fully remote work, with a yearly company offsite.
- Experience working with gaming veterans who’ve created titles with a gross aggregate revenue of over $10B USD.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Experience creating a new IP with franchise potential.