Palo Alto, CA
Product & UX – User Experience
Temporary / Contractor
Bill.com is a leader in financial process automation for small businesses and mid-size companies. Making it simple to connect and do business, the Bill.com Back Office Cloud digitizes, automates and simplifies legacy payment and financial processes. With an integrated, end-to-end platform, Bill.com leverages artificial intelligence to reduce manual work, and provides a cloud workspace to help run your business anytime, anywhere. The company partners with many of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70% of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and major accounting software providers. Bill.com manages more than $70B in annual payment volume across ACH, virtual cards, checks, and international payments. The company has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visitwww.bill.com or follow @billcom.
Mission: As a UX Writer Contractor, you'll be fundamental to our product development process at Bill.com. You'll join a team dedicated to changing how small and medium businesses do business today. You'll work closely with product managers, software engineers, designers, and user researchers to build high-performing and user-centric products for our customers. You’ll ensure a cohesive language experience, and help define a vision and strategy for content across multiple channels and touchpoints.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of user-focused writing, including onboarding, user flows, microcopy, product emails, and everything in between
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant field
- Understanding of design principles and methods
- Experience with content for SaaS products strongly preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Skilled communicator, influencer, and negotiator, with excellent verbal and written command of the English language
- Candidates must submit a portfolio of writing samples, incl. workflows, content templates, style guides or standards for a variety of content types (e.g. UI, user education, emails, or other product communications).
- Address content needs for business users with a wide variety of technological literacy in an approachable, professional, and helpful manner
- Go hands-on with user interface messaging, landing pages, emails, user education, and other product communications
- Help shape and evangelize content standards that guide others on how to create content for Bill.com products
- Solicit feedback and contribute constructively during regular design
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer