Risk Operations Analyst/Investigator
Palo Alto, CA /
Finance & Risk – Risk Strategy & Operations /
Contractor / Consultant
Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow @billcom.
As part of Bill.com’ s Payment & Risk Operations team, this position will be responsible for assisting in key processes and activities associated with the operations risk management for Bill.com.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
This position requires a person who can roll up their sleeves and make things happen, has strong risk experience in ecommerce, and/or has a successful record of accomplishment in the digital payments space with a focus on loss reduction, investigations, fraud and business enablement. This person must have a passion for the preservation of the customer experience while reducing Bill.com’s exposure to fraud and risk for all customers.
- Has 3-5 years of risk experience preferably in ecommerce, payments or financial services
- Possesses strong data analysis and investigative reporting skills
- Puts a high value on accuracy and completeness of work
- Has the ability to communicate clearly, sensitively and effectively with customers while investigating suspicious activity
- Has proven ability to learn and adapt to new processes and procedures
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills – must possess ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Is proficient in using Excel to create spreadsheets, models and reports
- Knowledge of ACH Payments
- Ability to work from 9:30am - 6:30pm Monday thru Friday
- Cross functional experience
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Knowledge of SAR, OFAC and AML
- Ability to verify documents
- Can contribute to process improvements
- Ability to make sound judgment calls
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Functional/Technical Expertise
- Fraud Investigation
- Innate curiosity for risk management
- Learning Abilities/Tech Savvy
- Proactive Approach
- Team Player
- Problem solving
Upon successful training of Bill.com training, you will be empowered to perform the following:
- Review and assess new customer accounts for risk exposure
- Review and analyze daily transaction alerts for loss exposure
- Assist with daily OFAC scans
- As needed, contact customers regarding missing documentation or clarification regarding verification documents
- Analyze credit reports to evaluate risk and make appropriate credit decisions
- Make recommendations for process improvements related to fraudulent activity and risk monitoring
- Partner with the product team in the design, implementation of internal controls and risk mitigation strategies to protect our customers
- Participate in QA testing as needed.
- Identify, research and highlight trends, making mitigation recommendations
- Participate in fraud/risk related trainings, meetings and webinars
- Case Management
- SAR Filing
- Jira Filing
- Return Analysis
- Train new hires
- Assist in audits
Bill.com is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how Bill.com treats the personal information it receives from applicants.