Senior Software Engineer - Banking
Palo Alto, CA
Engineering & IT – R&D
Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow @billcom.
Bill.com is looking for a senior level engineer to work on our core platform. If you are passionate about optimizing software, enjoy being hands on, excited to take a revolutionary product to new heights and enjoy technical challenges, this is the job for you! The position will be based out of our Palo Alto campus. The candidate will be a member of the Software Engineering team and will be responsible for designing scalable products for the Bill.com business payment network. Proven experience in leading, scoping, designing and implementing optimization results is a must. Candidates should also have good communication, mentoring, and leadership skills
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working on large scale, complex applications
- Expert-level knowledge of Java
- Expertise in making step-function improvements in performance and scale of platforms
- Business acumen - able to leverage the platform to solve business problems
- Excellent teamwork and communication
- Ability to gain alignment across cross-functional boundaries
- Ability to challenge the norm and maturity to advocate for changes for the greater benefit of the business
- Product: passion for great products and building great experiences, Proven ability to take the product through all stages of development from concept to launch at scale.
- Demonstrable to learn and apply theoretical models to solve real-world problems
- Experience in payment industry preferred but not required
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
Expected Outcomes in 12 Months
- Designing and implementing elegant solutions to complex platform problems
- Enhancing our core application framework
- Bringing in knowledge of industry standard best practices and evolving our technology footprint.
- Enhancing our database and file storage tier using proven methodologies to achieve horizontal scale
- Prioritizing, designing and implementing critical platform projects
- Mentorship of engineers
- Adopting industry standards and best practices
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how Bill.com treats the personal information it receives from applicants.