Senior Product Marketing Manager
Remote, USA /
Marketing – DemandGen /
Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow @billcom.
Bill.com is looking for a creative and tech-savvy product marketer to help us continue driving the growth with our SMB and Mid Market segments. Our company size is our biggest asset: despite our recent IPO, we still operate as a nimble startup with limitless opportunities still ahead. This is a unique opportunity for someone who thrives on turning today’s idea into tomorrow’s execution and seeing an immediate impact. The ideal candidate will bring an uncompromising customer focus, a passion for products, a data-driven and business-focused mindset, and the ability to think creatively.
Bill.com product marketers are cross functional leaders with a deep understanding of both the product and the customer. This product marketer will be tasked with developing strategies and programs to drive growth by collaborating across marketing, product management, sales, and customer success teams. You will partner closely with our digital acquisition teams to power campaigns with the right message, to the right customer, at the right time. Core metrics will include customer goals such as leads, upsell and feature adoption, and internal goals such as the satisfaction of our sales and product teams.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 3 - 5 years experience in a product marketing role for a B2B SaaS company
- Ideal candidate has experience in either the SMB or Mid Market space
- Experience in FinTech a strong plus.
- Experience writing strategic plans, such as marketing plans, launch plans, or campaign plans.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment with an ability to stretch from strategic thinking to the details of execution
- A track record of strong cross-functional team leadership and collaboration and an ability to influence without authority, including senior management
- Analytical mindset - experience interpreting and summarizing data and gleaning actionable insights
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- MBA preferred, but not required. We are open to considering a newly graduated MBA.
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Funnel Conversion Expertise: Deliver, test, and evolve the content and messages that drive our lead funnel. You have a solid understanding of top, mid and lower funnel acquisition channels and how to craft messages by channel and by funnel stage. You have developed creative content and campaigns aligned to the buyer journey: collateral, website copy, landing pages, videos, white papers, and more.
- Product Expert: Develop a strong understanding of our product and how it works with the rest of the financial tech stack. Launch and monetize new features to the installed base as well as to prospects by developing the messaging and core upsell programs, and by partnering with the Sales and Support teams.
- Customer Expert and Champion: Know the needs, buyer journey, language, and overall mindset of the SMB and Mid Market segments and turn those insights into messages and programs that resonate. Champion the customer needs across the company, such as with the Product Team for key features needed or with Support for training or support needs.
- Sales Enabler: Work closely with the sales team to deliver sales plays and tools to close new business. Continue to evolve the process to address objections, competition, new capabilities and market shifts.
- Competitive Guru: Stay on top of the competition in this market segment. Develop competitive overviews and keep the product and sales teams informed about changes in the competitive landscape. Be a champion for new features that are important to stay ahead of competition.
- Data Driven: In collaboration with the Growth Team, develop a strong focus on analyzing the data around the business (funnel metrics, test results, sales process insights, customer research). Work with the Customer Insights leader on key research required for our key segments.
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
- Deliver consistent wins in our acquisition channels that amount to significant and measurable growth of the SMB and Mid Market business.
- Beat or meet the lead generation goals attributable to product marketing through data, testing, and insights
- Cement a reputation as the customer expert for the SMB and Mid Market segment
- Keep the sales narrative and tools current in response to market trends
- Develop new competitive overviews in response to market trends
Bill.com is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how Bill.com treats the personal information it receives from applicants.